Sunday, September 26, 2010

Emotional Eating... Part Two

I've been giving the whole "emotional eating" thing quite a bit of thought.  So far on my journey, I've lost 13.8 pounds.  I even got another star this week - which is still damn exciting.  I've also had a pretty stressful few days, so if I was ever going to emotionally overeat, this would be the time.

So what happened when the stress hit?  What I expected - my first reaction was to start ignoring my hunger signals and stop eating.  I think if I hadn't done my weight check on Thursday, I probably would have allowed things to spiral and actually begun skipping meals again.  Instead, that 4.2lb loss this week helped remind me that I'm doing something good for me, doing something right for me, and doing it well - and that I don't want to lose the progress I've made.

I made myself eat.  I stayed on plan.  I even went out for dinner with my hubby Friday night and made sure that had the points to splurge even after eating a filling breakfast and lunch.  I even dipped a little bit into my weekly points to do it - which strangely enough is a bit of a victory for me.

I still have not managed to understand my adversarial relationship with food.  I don't know where it comes from, I don't know what started it, I don't understand the reasons behind it.  I believe it is one of those things I will eventually need to figure out if I am to keep the weight off once I reach goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment