Monday, September 13, 2010

"Isn't the Food Supposed to Suck?"

That was my husband's comment tonight, in reference to our dinner.  It was followed a few minutes later by, "I think there was something wrong with this lasagna... it evaporated off of my plate... you better check the pan."  Yup, that's my Zeb... funny guy.

Tonight, we had the Spinach Lasagna Rolls I found on Gina's SkinnyTaste WW's Recipe website.  Admittedly, I doctored them a bit... I added ground turkey I'd browned with some chopped onion and Herbes De Provence seasoning.  I used low fat ricotta, and then only half the container.  I used only about 2/3rds of the spinach the recipe called for, and I used (*gasp*) jarred spaghetti sauce (Classico Four Cheese).  There was enough filling to make 12 rolls, and with the changes I made, it left each roll at 4 points each.

I am NOT a big eater, despite being a fat ass, so one roll was plenty.  We also made garlic crescent rolls (Pillsbury Reduced Fat) which are great - get the regular (reduced fat) crescent rolls, lay them out, give 'em a spritz with your butter spray (we use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter) and sift a little garlic powder on them.  Roll them up, spritz the outside, add a little more powder, and bake.

Fantastic, filling, and 6 points per serving total.  I admit it, I did have two crescent rolls, so mine was 8 points. Zeb had two of the lasagna rolls AND two crescent rolls... 12 points.  He can afford it - he's a guy, he gets more points, he's more active.

Bastard.  *laughing hard*


I also took my very first foodie blog picture!  Yay me!  Too bad I didn't think of taking it BEFORE we'd already snagged our lasagna rolls, but oh well!

Not nearly as "pretty" as Gina's picture on her blog... but O.M.G.-so-tasty!!!  Zeb and I can heat these up for lunch.  Supposedly they'll even freeze well, but I have a feeling they aren't going to last long enough to be frozen.


Tomorrow I'll heat one of these up for lunch, make a small spinach salad to go with it.

Losing weight is supposed to be painful.  You're supposed to be left feeling deprived constantly.  You're not supposed to be eating well AND eating tasty.

Isn't that the prevailing myth?

Isn't that what everyone says?

I'll tell you a secret:  "Everyone" lies.

These... were... fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment